fbpx

Modern Romance

Welcome to my Modern Romance book summary!

dannyboobo tip: the book talks about sexting at some point. In my experience, which is a lot, I notice that 90%+ LOVE dirty talk while having sex or not. The remaining 10% like it. A very few minority think it’s degrading. You must dirty talk the woman and a good way to start is by sexting. Start slow. “You looked sexy this morning.” But, start. For the good of you, her, your future relationship, and all of humanity.

One-Sentence-Summary: Comedian Aziz Ansari’s first and last smash-hit book, published in 2015, is all about online dating and how to optimize everything from the profile picture to description to one-liners and the entire conversation.

booboo real-time book rating: ★★★★☆ (percentage of books with this rating: 34%)

You can also read my related book summaries:

Sex God Method – how the psychology of sex (highly recommended)

The Game – one of my all-time favorites

The Rational Male – about female psychology and very popular, though I’m not a fan

My Secret Garden – written in the 1970s, learn all about women’s private fantasies

She Comes First – a book on improving your sexual experience via improving hers

Profile Photo

For women, choose a slightly flirty smile always with eye contact over a straight smile. Angle the photo downwards towards you. Least effective are drinking alcohol, eating, or posing with animals. For men, no smile and looking away from the camera yielded better results. Most effective are ones with animals, muscles, and doing an interesting activity. Least effective are outdoor, drinking, and travel photos.

This blog will contain both my summary and review of the book Modern Romance.

I picked up an interesting rebuttal from Chapter 4: Choice and Options when a woman says she doesn’t go out with people she doesn’t know. While it’s fine, if she only goes out with people she only knows, it’s as if she’s never been on a first date before because she already knows his story and background. Likely, she’s already pre-judged that man and made most of her mind up. You lose that initial, fun discovery period of getting to know someone from zero.

You are reading my book review and summary by Aziz Ansari. Be sure to check out my digital bookshelf for 100+ book summaries.

Did you know I’m an author? I wrote four books on real estate investing, travel, and language learning.

Thanks for visiting and thanks to Aziz Ansari for writing Modern Romance!

Support Me ⇒

Latest
Back to Top