- If you like thick women and/or big butts, this will be your heaven.
- While the women in Colombia are known for being flaky, Cali takes the cake and I am in no way better about this, it’s more comical :D Here are some of the excuses I received: grandma died, twisted ankle, phone broke. Gentlemen, just laugh it off and schedule 2 or even 3 dates per night. Also, text her 3–4 hours before with additional details. Whether or not she responds is a good indicator.
- Four times I was told by the locals that I should put away my phone even if it was just slightly showing from my pocket. While Colombia is not the safest country in the world, I never felt unsafe while walking around and I don’t use anything except street smarts to navigate where to and to not go. Everyone who told me was older than 50, so I’m guessing the country used to be a lot less safe, but nowadays, it’s just like any big city.
- The food was bad. I’m am NOT a foodie and cook most of my meals, but the few times I went out to eat, I was disappointed in the taste
- The wine is expensive, you will be hard pressed to find a bottle under $10, average price is around $20.
I also visited Bogota, Medellin, Pereira, Guatapé, and Cartagena.
Known For: salsa