In Summary: Congested, Instagrammable, police bribes, Australian, polluted, expensive
- So many distinct areas to explore on this 50mile island: Ubud, Canggu, Uluwatu, Kuta, Seminyak, Lovina
- The vast majority of cafe’s are outside/without A/C which makes it uncomfortable to work for extended periods of time.
- Businesses will charge you between 8–12% tax. Some prices are inclusive and some are exclusive of this tax.
- There is a latin dance community (ubud) active each night of the week!
- Surprisingly, the produce at the supermarket is of low quality. Many times I find the item is old or soft or soggy.
- The corrupt police are a little too active for my liking. I got stopped twice on my way home and had to bribe the first and tell the second I already bribed one.
- Stairs are decorated with colorful flowers with awesome designs (ubud)
- Must be the vegan capital of the world. That and meditation, yoga, mindfulness stuff.
- Watch out for scooters driving the wrong way on a one-way road
- Skinniest roads ever and two cars still just barely fit on them
- Rent a scooter, they cost 37,500–60,000IDR for the cheapest/smallest engines
I also visited Gili Trawangan, Nusa Lembongan, Canggu, and Kuta.
Known For: Suckling Pig/Babi guling, yoga, vegetarian paradise