The Art Of Writing
Welcome to my book summary of The Art of Writing.
Overall, an easy read with bite-sized sections.
I can’t say that it improved my writing, or maybe I’m not yet ready for it to improve my writing, but I’m glad I read it.
Did you know I’m an author? I wrote four books on real estate investing, travel, and language learning.
I liked the example sentences of each section and I do recommend you read it if you’re a writer.
Here are a few quotes I found useful enough to type here:
- The passive voice is best usd when the writer wants to emphasize the recipient of the action, not the performer of the action.
- Light bulb! Obvious, though, huh!?
- Planning is the bedrock of all great writing.
- Ain’t that true! New ideas will spring up through the process of writing, but better to be 80% of the way there from the beginning to know where to put those new ideas.
- Sometimes called a weak period, the semicolon is used to link two closely related ideas.
- Ok. So maybe I did learn something..
|Support Me ⇒